I had the opportunity to meet Andrew from Print 465 located in The Incuba. He spoke to me about his daily work life and the role he plays within his company.
His Job step by step:
Sales marketing > admit > processing > following up > printing then ships the product to the client
Design and print
- Figuring out what the client wants
- People want him to check their printing work
- Logo design
- Business cards, flyers, banners, books, folders basically anything paper or card based
- Develops bond with clients to get them to come back
Things to remember:
- 300 ink limit
- Always convert images to CMYK from RGB
- Bare in mind colours will vary depending on the paper type
- Tiff instead of png
- Flatten images
- All text outlines
- Allows you to play around with the page without needing any of the fonts
- Custom CMYK
- 40 Kyan (Stronger black without 100% black, too much ink
ALWAYS REMEMBER TO MATCH THE SAME BLACK! YOU’LL NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE IF YOU DON’T AND YOU’LL ONLY NOTICE ONCE PRINTED.
- 4mm from the trim edge
- Always add bleeds and crop marks
You will notice if something has been cut off or if one of the sides is smaller than the other.
All images you place in your documents need to be in the same colour setting as most images are RGB you can change this on photoshop.
Make sure you tell the client to check:
- Phone numbers
Never trust a designer for spelling and information checking, they write exactly what you tell them to, them create a proof and send it to clients to get them to read through to make sure everything is accurate. Make this very very clear to clients that you do not take the blame for any spelling or information mistakes, its up to you, the client to check.